At Black Chick Media we recognize that your personal privacy is a very serious and important issue. We support the principle of protecting privacy on the Internet within the context of current US legislation.
At Black Chick Media, we’re committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This Policy explains when and why we collect personal information about people who visit our website, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure.
We may change this Policy from time to time so please check this page occasionally to ensure that you’re happy with any changes. By using our website, you’re agreeing to be bound by this Policy.
We’re Black Chick Media, Columbus’ primary Black led arts PR company.
You are a person who has done one or more of the following:
- used our website which is currently at blackchickmedia.com.
- subscribed to our mailing list.
- completed an online or paper feedback form.
- contacted us via email, via the contact form on our website or otherwise.
- interacted with us on social media, either directly or indirectly.
- told a venue where we work that you are happy for them to pass on your information to us.
- submitted materials to us.
- submitted event information to us.
- contacted us regarding auditions and/or has auditioned for us.
- attended one of our workshops, productions or events.
The information we may hold about you
Information we hold about you might include:
- information you provide us in an online or paper form (for example, your name and contact details, zip code, age, feedback about our work).
- details of tickets you have requested from us and/or your attendance at our productions, guest nights, press nights or other events.
- communications with us (for example, using the contact form on our website, by email, mail, notes, or phone calls).
- information about your purchases, event attendance and interactions with our communications – including the information available through the services we use to do this, currently Mailchimp.
- information you send to us by email, via the contact form on our website or otherwise (eg your CV, information about your work).
- your publicly available social media activity or analytics on you provided by social media platforms e.g. Twitter handle, posts and location.
- information about you that you have provided a venue/space where we work/perform which you are happy for them to pass on to us securely.
How do we collect information from you?
We obtain information about you when you use our website, for example, when you contact us about products and services, or if you register to receive our newsletter.
What type of information is collected from you?
The personal information we collect might include your name, address, email address, IP address, and information regarding what pages are accessed and when. If you purchase services or products from us (for example, a ticket for a performance), your card information is not held by us, it is collected by our third-party payment processors, who specialize in the secure online capture and processing of credit/debit card transactions, as explained below.
How is your information used?
We may use your information to:
- process a purchase that you have made;
- process ticket orders that you have submitted;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into by you and us;
- dealing with entries into a competition;
- seek your views or comments on the services we provide;
- notify you of changes to our services;
- process a grant, award, or job application;
- send you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest to you. These may include information about campaigns, appeals, other fundraising activities, promotions of co-producing partners’ or associate companies’ programs and events;
- although we sometimes will tell you about work from others, we won’t pass information we hold about you to them – unless you explicitly give us your permission;
- any feedback you give us we may use in public communications. But we won’t do so in such a way that people would know it was from you – unless we get your permission;
- we may share information about you with law enforcement agencies or other organizations or individuals if we are obliged to by law.
We review how long we hold personal information on a regular basis. We are legally required to hold some types of information to fulfill our statutory obligations (for example the collection of gifts). We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us.
Use of anonymized data
The information about you we use to demonstrate the impact and reach of our work to funders, sponsors, and partners is anonymized. So, we will not share anything which identifies you personally.
We also use a third-party provider, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behavior patterns, for example, what you look at or access, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, information about your computer, including – where your browser provides this – your IP address, operating system and browser type. This information is anonymized, and we will make no attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
We use a third-party provider, MailChimp, to deliver our e-newsletters. Through MailChimp we gather statistics around email opening and clicks which are not personally identifiable.
Who has access to your information?
- We will not sell or rent your information to third parties.
- We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
Third Party Service Providers working on our behalf: We may pass your information to our third-party service providers, agents subcontractors and other associated organizations for the purposes of completing tasks and providing services to you on our behalf (for example to process donations or buy tickets to programs/events). However, when we use third party service providers, we disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the service and we have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure and not to use it for their own direct marketing purposes.
Please be reassured that we will not release your information to third parties unless you have requested us to do so, or we are required to do so by law, for example, by a court order or for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime.
Third Party Product Providers we work in association with: When you are using our secure online purchase pages, your purchase/gift is processed by a third-party payment processor, who specializes in the secure online capture and processing of credit/debit card transactions. If you have any questions regarding secure transactions, please contact us. We currently Square for all purchases.
You have a choice about whether or not you wish to receive information from us.
- If you do not want to receive direct marketing communications from us about the vital work we do with Black artists and our exciting Programme of work, then you can select your choices by ticking the relevant boxes situated on the form on which we collect your information.
- You can unsubscribe from emails we send you at any time using the unsubscribe link at the bottom of each email.
- We will only contact you for marketing purposes by email. We will only contact you if you have given your prior consent. We will not contact you for marketing purposes if you have indicated that you do not wish to be contacted.
You can change your marketing preferences at any time, please contact: email@example.com.
How you can access and update your information
The accuracy of your information is important to us. We’re working on ways to make it easier for you to review and correct the information that we hold about you. In the meantime, if you change email address, or any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You have the right to ask for a copy of the information Black Chick Media holds about you, and we will do our best to reply to that request within 28 days, and laying out what further options are available to you.
Security precautions in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of your information
When you give us personal information, we take steps to ensure that it’s treated securely. Any sensitive information (such as credit or debit card details) shared with third-party providers is encrypted and protected with at least 128 Bit encryption on SSL. When you are on a secure page, a lock icon will appear on the address bar of your browser (Microsoft Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, or Firefox).
Non-sensitive details (your email address etc.) are transmitted normally over the Internet, and this can never be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your information, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems. Where we have given (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our websites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
We may analyze your personal information to create a profile of your interests and preferences so that we can contact you with information relevant to you, but if we do we will only do this using aggregated data and not by using any Personally Identifiable Information. We may also make use of additional publicly available information about you (when it is available from external sources) to help us do this effectively.
Use of ‘cookies’
It is possible to switch off cookies by setting your browser preferences. For more information on how to switch off cookies on your computer, click here. Turning cookies of may result in a loss of functionality when using our website.
Links to other websites
In addition, if you linked to our website from a third-party site, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners and operators of that third-party site, and recommend that you check the policy of that third-party site.
18 or Under
We are concerned to protect the privacy of children and young people aged 18 or under.
If you are aged 18 or under‚ please get your parent/guardian’s permission beforehand whenever you provide us with personal information.
Transferring your information outside of The United States
If you use our services while you are outside the United Stated, your information may be transferred outside the United States in order to provide you with those services.
Review of this Policy
We keep this Policy under regular review.
This Policy was last updated in May 2018.
Black Chick Media, LLC